Coulbeck & Dasein: United4EastMarsh
A home isn’t just a roof over our heads. A home is a place where we feel loved and where we love others. It’s a place we belong. Love is what makes a home, not the contents inside the house or the number on the door. The East Marsh is our home. It’s a historicContinue reading “Our East Marsh Home and the East Marsh Plan”
The Preston Community Wealth Model brought £73m (yes, that’s MILLIONS!) to the area in just four years. Why aren’t we doing this?
What is community wealth growth? It’s a two-fold strategy for council, community groups and business to work together and reorganise local economies so that wealth is not extracted but broadly held and income is recirculated. That’s it in a nutshell and it’s been tried and tested successfully in Preston, where, in 2013, they found thatContinue reading “The Preston Community Wealth Model brought £73m (yes, that’s MILLIONS!) to the area in just four years. Why aren’t we doing this?”
In this video Lee & Billy tell the truth about what’s at the heart of all of these problems on the East Marsh: poverty. They then talk about progressive ways forward by growing community wealth through community-led housing and job creation. It’s Time4Change, vote Coulbeck & Dasein on May 6th and help bring Money toContinue reading “Coulbeck & Dasein: Money for the Marsh”
Ways to vote
Vote by post & have your say in a safe way
You must have completed an application to vote by post before 20th April: Apply for postal vote
More information about ways to vote here, including ‘changing your postal vote’, ‘voting by proxy’ and ‘voting in person’: NELC Ways to Vote
Voting in person? Where to vote
Your polling station will be listed on your poll card, if you do not have your polling card do not assume the station closest to you is where you can vote. Simply go on ‘find my polling station’ and type in your house name/number and postcode: Find my polling station
Who We Are
Lee lives on the East Marsh and is a Key Worker. He is a founder member and Director of East Marsh United and alhtough he’s done his share of cleaning up streets and alleyways, he believes that councillors doing this work isn’t a solution – what is needed is a plan, a campaign, a growing community support for change over the long term.
- We are INDEPENDENT of party politics.
- We will listen to and be guided by the community.
- We will look to shift power to the community.
- We aim to generate a community voice and develop a plan for East Marsh.
Billy was born, grew up and still lives on the East Marsh. A core member of East Marsh United, Billy has helped bring a substantial amount of money to the East Marsh for projects around Community Arts and Education, Community-Led Housing, construction and the journey to the East Marsh’s own Community and Social Action Centre.
It’s Time4Change on the East Marsh
Vote Coulbeck & Dasein
Our Core Values
- Independence – We will each make up our own mind about every decision without prejudice or reference to a shared dogma or ideologyIntegrity – Decisions will be made in a transparent, consistent and honest manner
- Positivity – We will seek constructive solutions, reached by consensus, to support the community’s will and to prioritise the needs of the many over the individual, engaging others in discussions and avoiding simply describing problems
- Creativity – We will be open to new ideas and will be constantly open to reconsidering what we do and how we do it
- Respect – We understand that everyone has an equal voice, valid opinions and worthwhile contributions, which are always worth hearing.